This webinar, part of the EUSEW 2020 extended programme, brought together policymakers, researchers, and a cross-sectorial group of business representatives to discuss about existing technologies and approaches to save energy and reduce emissions in industry and the ICT sector – in the short term; and policy guardrails needed for a GHG-neutral EU industry – in the longer term.
– Peter Hoedemaker, President, European Industrial Insulation Foundation
– Jan Ciampor, Policy Officer, Energy Efficiency Unit, DG ENER, European Commission
– Antti Valle, Deputy Head of Unit, Energy Intensive Industries and Raw Materials, DG GROW, European Commission
– Andreas Guertler, Director, European Industrial Insulation Foundation
– Gaël Souchet, Senior Product Manager New Energy Storage, Schneider Electric
– Andrea Herbst, Senior Researcher, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research ISI
– Guido Knoche, Senior Advisor for Climate, German Environment Agency (UBA)
– Barbara Mariani, Senior Policy Officer for Climate, European Environmental Bureau
– Monica Frassoni, President, European Alliance to Save Energy.
The full Power Point is available here: https://bit.ly/3ef1QqM
For questions or further information please contact: email@example.com
The European Green Deal and energy efficiency are highly needed to achieve a sustainable and efficient recovery of Europe’s economy after the Covid-19 crisis.
Read our letter to EU leaders here: http://bit.ly/3dWcDat
At COP24 our president Monica Frassoni enjoyed a trip around Katowice in a Tesla thanks to the initiative #ETtalksdrive by our member Danfoss.
She talked about the strength of joint activities and how to create effective partnerships for energy efficiency by combining businesses, associations and NGOs with people with knowledge and willingness to act.
According to her, energy efficiency has been a “Cinderella” for years in the EU energy debate but this is finally changing.