Our message is simple: the time to create
an energy efficient Europe is now!
Vision and mission
Our vision is of a future where energy efficiency is central to the entire EU energy system and is a fundamental driver for citizens’ empowerment, decarbonisation, job creation, sustainable growth, competitiveness, productivity, innovation and energy security.
Our mission is to:
- Serve as the leading European business organisation representing industries committed to driving an energy transition towards a more efficient, competitive and decarbonised society.
- Give visibility to, and enhance technological and market solutions for energy efficiency, the potential of which is today not fully exploited.
- Contribute to a well-functioning EU legislative and financial framework for energy efficiency and cost-effective and socially responsible decarbonisation, in line with the Paris Agreement.
- Promote a forward looking political agenda, where energy efficiency supports emission cuts through an efficient and resilient and integrated energy system, including building stock, the integration of renewable energy, and an electric mobility revolution.
- Empower people with digitalisation, efficient and smart technologies, promoting the role of citizens in the implementation of the EU legislative framework and the transition to net zero emissions by 2050.
- Convince decision makers and investors that energy efficiency is affordable, realistic, and should be put at the heart of a competitive and sustainable economy.
This is how we see the role of energy efficiency in the path towards a climate neutral EU:
(click on the image to zoom in)