On 13 October 2022 the European Alliance to Save Energy (EU-ASE) hosted the first edition of the “European Energy Efficiency Day”, a high-level conference bringing together leading businesses, policymakers and energy experts to explore cost efficient and socially fair decarbonisation paths.
According to the International Energy Agency’s Net Zero by 2050 report, achieving climate neutrality by 2050 requires to pushing the average average rate of energy efficiency improvements in the period 2020-2030 to about three times the average of the last two decades. The importance of energy efficiency is even more evident in the current context of high energy prices and to significantly reduce the EU’s dependence on Russian fossil fuels as soon as possible.
Improving energy efficiency throughout the EU can be done through massively scaling up energy efficient solutions for buildings, vehicles, home appliances and industry. Solutions and technologies which are all available today.
In this context, the European Alliance to Save Energy (EU-ASE) launched a new forum to discuss the future of energy and how to decarbonise Europe’s economy through the lenses of energy efficiency, innovation and long-term sustainability.
The European Energy Efficiency Day is a high-level policy conference aimed at exploring cost efficient and socially fair decarbonisation paths to address the energy and climate crisis and deliver the European Green Deal. The first edition of the conference took place on 13 October 2022 as an online event.
Through a series of six sessions throughout the day, the event brought together key EU and national policymakers, leading industry players, as well as experts from the energy and environment community.
- Frans Timmermans Executive Vice President for the Green Deal, European Commission
- Simone Mori Head of Europe, Enel Group
- Laurence Tubiana CEO, European Climate Foundation
- David Ducarme Deputy Group CEO & Group COO, Knauf Insulation
- Monique Goyens Director General, BEUC
- Oliver Kraft Executive Vice President, Sustainable Communities, Siemens
- Paula Pinho Director Just Transition, Consumers, Energy Efficiency & Innovation, DG Energy, European Commission
- Emilio Tenuta Chief Sustainability Officer, Ecolab
- Maive Rute Deputy Director–General, DG GROW, European Commission
- Hayati Yarkadas President, Xylem Europe, Water Infrastructure & Global Services
See the full agenda & learn more on energyefficiencyday.eu
You can watch all 6 recordings below & on the EU-ASE YouTube channel