The European Commission will put forward its updated vision for energy efficiency, by reviewing the Energy Performance of Building Directive (EPBD) and the Energy Efficiency Directive (EED). This represents a unique opportunity for the European Union to live up its commitments taken during COP21. The European Alliance to Save Energy (EU-ASE) is therefore calling the EU to seize this opportunity and to put buildings at the center of the EU’s energy efficiency strategy, in order to deliver on its energy and climate objectives.
When reviewing the EPBD, EU-ASE is asking EU decision makers to consider the following 5 key elements:
- Support an ambitious revision
- Focus on existing buildings
- Develop a 2050 vision to boost investments
- Improve Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)
5. Enhance EU’s technology leadership