This document provides an overview of the multiple benefits of an energy efficient Europe.
The objective is to draw attention to:
- the economic, environmental and social potential of a European energy efficiency market
and to provide a multi-stakeholder contribution of vision and ideas for:
- the ongoing development of DG ENTR Communication on a new industrial policy for Europe
The non-paper is presented in four sections aimed at answering the following questions:
- What are the multiple and collective benefits that would result from a boost to the European energy efficiency market?
- What are the main barriers to the development of a European energy efficiency market?
- What are the tools which would solve these problems?
- What are the financial resources available for ambitious energy efficiency projects in the EU?
This non paper has been drafted by the European Alliance to Save Energy (EU-ASE) with the support of NGOs and other European stakeholders.